We try to help people and animals in our community by re-homing pets if their owner cannot care for them anymore. We care for and treat our animals until they find a new home, regardless of how long it takes. If you have a pet you would like surrender, please call our shelter seven days a week between 10am and 2pm and ask for the INTAKE department. Some guidelines are given below to help determine if your pet may be a good candidate for our shelter. We are a limited admission shelter, meaning we have the right to refuse any intake.
NEO SPCA INTAKE GUIDELINES
- We take in dogs, cats, bunnies, and birds.
- We cannot take in animals that have a history of biting or aggression, or are difficult to handle.
- We cannot take in Pit bulls or Pit bull mixes in Parma. We hope this law changes, but as of right now we are obligated by Parma law to decline Pit Bulls for our shelter.
- We cannot take in animals that have a terminal illness or are sick at the time of admission.
- Dogs have to have a negative heartworm test and cats a negative FIV/FeLV test at the time of admission. The test can be completed in 10 minutes at our clinic.
- We cannot take in cats that are feral.
- Puppies and kittens must be 8 weeks of age or older.
Your pet will be given a blood test and overall assessment during the appointment. If we can take the pet, a small intake fee will be required at that time. That helps us pay for the medical care and housing your pet will need before he or she can find a new home. Please contact us if you have any questions regarding surrendering a pet at our shelter.